Maveric

PS4 Remote Play for Android

Hello!

Will there be a new version of your PS4 Remote Play for Android coming out soon?
I (and many others) would be very grateful if you could update it so that it works again.
If you are going to do that, please keep it compatible with Android 4.2 (or older), I am unfortunately stuck on Android 4.2 due to having a rare phone (that I love).

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Maveric said:

Okay. Would updating the current android app take a lot of time? It would be nice if we could use that one until you are done with the big project.

The current Android app is Sony's I won't be touching that again. 

On 2017-11-02 at 12:03 PM, Twisted said:

No ETA, working as fast as I can :)

I understand that you can't give a precise ETA. But do you believe it will take about a month? 3 months? 6 months? A year? 2 years?

4 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Windows, porting to other platforms will be after stable release. 

Okay. Keep up the good work! And please keep the Android port compatible with Android 4.2 or below.

3 minutes ago, Maveric said:

Okay. Keep up the good work! And please keep the Android port compatible with Android 4.2 or below.

It'll be clearer closer to the time but it's likely either 4.4/4.2 will be the bare minimum as that's around where hardware accelerated video decoding was added to Android, any lower and it's not supported. 

3 minutes ago, Twisted said:

It'll be clearer closer to the time but it's likely either 4.4/4.2 will be the bare minimum as that's around where hardware accelerated video decoding was added to Android, any lower and it's not supported. 

Okay. But you managed to edit the official app to support 4.2, so I'm hoping that means that it can handle it. I would be very happy if you can keep it 4.2 compatible. I have zero option to upgrade my phone, unfortunately. :(

Yeah it really depends on a lot if factors that I'll need to look into when it comes to it, it may be that certain system functionality is required which just isn't supported on older versions of android but I'll do the best I can.