Update Progress

Twisted

Current status:

WiFi bug fixed in last REM4P update also fixed large issue with REPL4Y that had me stumped for quite a while. Currently working on some new checks that were implemented in the most recent PS4 update causing connection to close immediately on connect, may be related to speed checks but need to do more digging <_<.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Key989 said:

Hey 

Hasn't been updated in awhile but I hope things are going good Twisted

Still working on checks added in latest firmware update as posted above.

Previously the speedcheck was ignored as it wasn't compulsory (could manually configure most settings required) but latest firmware actually forces it before it will allow a connection so i'm having to work out the whole protocol used which is taking a while. Other than that REPL4Y is working quite well atm. 

Guest Shann Bee

Hey, I'm just wondering when will the REPLAY be released? I'm unable to play ps4 I can't use an actual controller because of my disability and was only able to use remote play on my android now it's updated and can't get it back I'm stuck not being able to play ps4 please get back me. :)

59 minutes ago, Shann Bee said:

Hey, I'm just wondering when will the REPLAY be released? I'm unable to play ps4 I can't use an actual controller because of my disability and was only able to use remote play on my android now it's updated and can't get it back I'm stuck not being able to play ps4 please get back me. :)

No ETA, I suggest you check out REM4P in the mean time. It will allow you to use any keyboard/mouse/xInput gamepad with remote play. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I now have REPL4Y running on Windows under the new framework that I've been working on for quite some time, there's still some bugs causing corrupt frames that I need to track down and I need to plug the REM4P input system in but progress is going well!

The new framework was written from scratch to be as close to the official one as possible to mitigate as many protocol related bugs as possible and aid future development so this is a big milestone for myself and the app. A rather important addition to the new framework are the MTU and bandwidth checks that are used in the official app to analyse network settings and speed/stability. Under more recent firmware the PS4 actually forces these checks which resulted in the 'Unknown message 51' error in the old application so not only are they essential but they reduce manual configuration and help stream stability.

You can see a short video of it in action below, enjoy! Hope to share more soon!

Would it be possible to make the Brightness etc sliders show the changes as you make them? I'd personally prefer that :) (Then press apply to save afterwards)

Other than that, looking good! I can't wait :D

Edited by SubSonix

Guest e1357873
On 25.03.2018 at 3:43 PM, Twisted said:

Will use same input system as REM4P so no work has been done on that yet.

can you add limited rgb to  full rgb converter? standart ps app broadcasts in limited range and it  looks badly on full rgb monitor

sorry for potato english

1 hour ago, e1357873 said:

can you add limited rgb to  full rgb converter? standart ps app broadcasts in limited range and it  looks badly on full rgb monitor

sorry for potato english

Not something I've looked into, depends whether the stream is encoded in full range and whether chosen decoder supports full range. Be pointless converting limited to full, you don't have the original data to work with so you'd have inaccurate colour reproduction. 

On 25.3.2018 at 12:46 AM, Twisted said:

so not only are they essential but they reduce manual configuration and help stream stability.

I hope you can still override the automatic stream quality if you want (e.g. by doing the test but bot caring about the results), or does the ps4 not allow that? 

2 minutes ago, My1 said:

I hope you can still override the automatic stream quality if you want (e.g. by doing the test but bot caring about the results), or does the ps4 not allow that? 

Could potentially be added in but wouldn't benefit the end user, the bandwidth tests are done through the remote play protocol so it can work out exactly what your device and not just your Internet is capable of. Overriding that would just result in stream delay, corruption and disconnects. 

True that it may degrade some parts, but depending on the game or stuff you wanna do delays may not be as much of an issue as e.g. abysmal image quality, also sometimes the test may have an issue (e.g. temporary stress on the switch/router, which can degrade the results, while the connection still is okay for the most parr) 

1 hour ago, My1 said:

True that it may degrade some parts, but depending on the game or stuff you wanna do delays may not be as much of an issue as e.g. abysmal image quality, also sometimes the test may have an issue (e.g. temporary stress on the switch/router, which can degrade the results, while the connection still is okay for the most parr) 

The protocol adapts to the current network speed/stability. Initial test gives the values to start from, if the connection becomes more stable it will dynamically increase bitrate. Allowing users to override all of this will just result in problems. 

The short preview is great! Good job Twisted!

One suggestion if I may: the bar with settings should have a button to keep it hidden or expanded, and another way to pull it up like a little arrow that shows up when you are in the lower part of the screen.

I see that there are more urgent things to do anyway.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:52 AM, SubSonix said:

Would it be possible to make the Brightness etc sliders show the changes as you make them? I'd personally prefer that :) (Then press apply to save afterwards)

Other than that, looking good! I can't wait :D

Fixed, now updates display on live changes, apply now only used for decoder settings, saves on close.

On 3/29/2018 at 2:22 PM, andrewww said:

The short preview is great! Good job Twisted!

One suggestion if I may: the bar with settings should have a button to keep it hidden or expanded, and another way to pull it up like a little arrow that shows up when you are in the lower part of the screen.

I see that there are more urgent things to do anyway.

Not sure I understand the benefit of this? It gets displayed when the user moves to the lower section of the window, why would you want to see it when it's not being used?  It would just obscure your view of the game. Also, having a little arrow to 'pull up' the bar would mean a permanent obstruction of your view, albeit it small. 

Guest CrashBash

Good job Twisted.
I hope that you are still working on implementing better mouse control and responsiveness.