Update Progress

Twisted

Just now, schwarrrzbrot said:

yep , i mean REM4P.

is it that much better with the mouse settings? cause i´ve tried the division with lilypad and the result is ok but not smooth enough.

So REM4P is a standalone application, it's not the next remote play app (that's coming later) but can it be used for remote play (bit confusing I know but this will be clearer upon release) .

Part of the work going into REM4P is to improve the mouse input, when complete, the the same system you see in REM4P will be  incorporated into the new remote play app. 

Guest Wessfhag

So would REM4P be a less expensive version of a Xim4 or just a general improvement over Lilypad? The Xim4 is very sensitive for the mouse even on a low DPI so its going to be interesting how Smooth REM4P will be. I dunno if this is a stupid question or not but just curious.

Edited by Wessfhag

57 minutes ago, Wessfhag said:

So would REM4P be a less expensive version of a Xim4 or just a general improvement over Lilypad? The Xim4 is very sensitive for the mouse even on a low DPI so its going to be interesting how Smooth REM4P will be. I dunno if this is a stupid question or not but just curious.

Not sure exactly what your mean by a less expensive version of xim? Surely all xim does is what lilypad does but better? 

I'm not planning on releasing any dedicated hardware to clarify! 

In short REM4P is a tool to allow mapping input to a Dualshock 4 including mouse & keyboard. 

Guest Wessfhag

Your program is $10.00. Xim4 is like $100. It sorta works like Xim4 since its a remap which is why i asked, and I know you weren't making hardware. i was curious in general.

Guest Arisius

If it were like a XIM4. It would be cool.

I think all people would like that. And you had a big income with that.

Guest Dreadful1
On 17/4/2017 at 11:26 PM, WMan22 said:

Really impressive stuff.

Will an update in the future add Microphone support? I had heard that this was a feature enabled in PS4 update 4.5. I know the roadmap said it's not supported last I checked, but I figure now that it's a feature the API for it exists somewhere.

I think the way it works on the official app, is that it uses the mic input on your pc. If you have a laptop like me, it really creates crappy results. It takes in all the sound/noise from the room and not just your voice like a real mic. Sound is terrible here, but i guess it also depends on ones hardware. Anyways, the workaround with using RPPC and connecting your headset to the controller, works much better still. At least for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Hellzknight666

Is there any way I can register for a premium account to gain access to the legacy remote play while I wait for REPL4Y? I'm using the Sony provided Remote Play again and it's super slow :(

Sorry if posted in wrong section. I wasn't sure where to ask.

10 hours ago, Hellzknight666 said:

Is there any way I can register for a premium account to gain access to the legacy remote play while I wait for REPL4Y? I'm using the Sony provided Remote Play again and it's super slow :(

Sorry if posted in wrong section. I wasn't sure where to ask.

Drop me a pm. 

any updates on Directinput by the way? because a hell of a lot of controllers (including the DS4 itself, or the Joycons that I wanna use) use directinput as far as I remember

• 1 month later...
Guest Badgerino

Hey, guys. I'm a paid member for Remote Play for PC. When I open my version is says an update is available but I can't seem to access the update. I'm assuming it's because it isn't currently available and a new version is being developed.

Would love to get the latest version of the legacy version if possible.

35 minutes ago, Badgerino said:

Hey, guys. I'm a paid member for Remote Play for PC. When I open my version is says an update is available but I can't seem to access the update. I'm assuming it's because it isn't currently available and a new version is being developed.

Would love to get the latest version of the legacy version if possible.

Login and download https://tmacdev.com/product/remote-play-pc-legacy-version/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dreadful1

So, what's the status as of now? Havn't heard anything in a long time.. Not asking for an ETA for the new release, just where things are in the project right now :)

12 minutes ago, Dreadful1 said:

So, what's the status as of now? Havn't heard anything in a long time.. Not asking for an ETA for the new release, just where things are in the project right now :)

The prototype version in the OP got more or less scrapped and rewritten with the release of REM4P, current version is working well. All decoders are in and working, multiple accounts, remote connecting/wakeup without having to port forward UDP 986 on client side and probably most importantly the input system from REM4P is in. 

Besides bug fixing few features left - Auto configure PS4 port forwarding on local network, cloud storage for accessing accounts remotely. 

Guest IAmVerbose
On 8/4/2017 at 1:39 PM, Twisted said:

The prototype version in the OP got more or less scrapped and rewritten with the release of REM4P, current version is working well. All decoders are in and working, multiple accounts, remote connecting/wakeup without having to port forward UDP 986 on client side and probably most importantly the input system from REM4P is in. 

Besides bug fixing few features left - Auto configure PS4 port forwarding on local network, cloud storage for accessing accounts remotely. 

So glad to hear this, you're doing a great job man ^_^ and ouuuuuhhh, you actually got into doing cloud storage :D Also the multiple account support is a big bonus, I personally run a few accounts depending on the game so this is very beneficial to myself and others ^_^

Guest Loktarus
On 4.08.2017 at 7:39 PM, Twisted said:

Great improvements! I'm still using legacy version almost everyday from my work & home, so if you need beta tester let me know :) I'm really waiting for this release.