Update Progress

Twisted

Guest Andrew256
9 hours ago, Twisted said:

Should be fairly trivial to add but could you provide an example of its use? Can't really think of any scenario where you would want to cap movement. 

In some games at a certain inclination of the joystick, the camera starts to behave differently (acceleration chamber abruptly changes) that can be a challenge handy mouse settings. Therefore, this area can be removed. I enjoyed it and it's really convenient. Especially it would come to games such as Fallout 4. it is hard to explain, I do not know much English.

2 minutes ago, Andrew256 said:

In some games at a certain inclination of the joystick, the camera starts to behave differently (acceleration chamber abruptly changes) that can be a challenge handy mouse settings. Therefore, this area can be removed. I enjoyed it and it's really convenient. Especially it would come to games such as Fallout 4. it is hard to explain, I do not know much English.

I'm not sure in this case that would apply.  The mouse - > analog conversion does its best to avoid in game acceleration so you're less likely to encounter that issue. 

Guest Andrew256
On 01.02.2017 at 4:48 PM, FelipePaiiva said:

I have problem with the mause. When I move the mause slowly, the aim moves very slowly. When I move the mause too fast, the aim moves too fast. I want the "EXPONENT" not to influence the movement of the mouse, that is, the sensitivity is the same at any speed of the mause (like computer FPS, for example ConterStrike).

21 hours ago, Twisted said:

I'm not sure in this case that would apply.  The mouse - > analog conversion does its best to avoid in game acceleration so you're less likely to encounter that issue. 

Outside deadzone uses to ilimination this problem. Actually, i find it function in other remoteplay app and it had come in handly. (sory for my eng). 

Guest skardale

Looking forward to the next update, just downloaded the official remote play app expecting keyboard and mouse controls....it doesn't which sucks!

lol you made xinput and kb/m befire dinput although dinput is probably more important because of the DS4 using it. well no problem though.

but nice update.

btw since the RP Protocol iirc did publish the chnage of the game/application, wouldnt it be possible to log those into the profile switcher allowing the user to automatically change upin start of a certain application?

22 minutes ago, My1 said:

lol you made xinput and kb/m befire dinput although dinput is probably more important because of the DS4 using it. well no problem though.

but nice update.

btw since the RP Protocol iirc did publish the chnage of the game/application, wouldnt it be possible to log those into the profile switcher allowing the user to automatically change upin start of a certain application?

Besides Direct Input being a mess of an API it is only windows specific. I'm trying to built cross platform code so writing the input framework based around it would have been a bad idea. 

Getting cross platform keyboard/mouse working, then adding xinput and finally direct input as backend plugins was the best way or approaching it. 

I believe it does send certain codes on changing apps but as to how detailed it is I'll need to look into it again. Have a feeling it was just equivalent of "started game" and "gone to home screen" 

2 minutes ago, My1 said:

will there be a way to differentiate between touching/swiping with and without clicking the pad.

not really intresting for me coz I use DS4 anyway, but just asking.

They're one of the same so no. The PS4 expects touchpad input if you press the 'touchpad button' as obviously in reality your finger would have to be on it to press it. 

1 minute ago, My1 said:

well when watching blurays for example (okay not really a remote play compatible software I know) it is possible to swipe without clicking to go about 15 seconds or so for- or backward.

Yes - So if you just click on the touchpad interface it is interpreted as 'button press at this coordinate'. If you click then drag that is just a swipe, not a button press. 

5 minutes ago, Twisted said:

If you click then drag that is just a swipe, not a button press. 

except for the fact that you dont even need to click, or rather a "click and swipe" can be seen different from just a swipe without click.

I'll try to record it later when I'm home.

1 minute ago, My1 said:

except for the fact that you dont even need to click, or rather a "click and swipe" can be seen different from just a swipe without click.

I'll try to record it later when I'm home.

No game I'm aware of expects a 'touchpad button press then swipe' so no point implementing it. All they expect is press at x/y coordinates or touch1 /and touch2 swipe ie left -> right or pinch gesture to zoom etc. 

Guest Brazil_1983

Hi,

Thank u for this effort, ur software is way better than the official one which is crap, it never connect even once... Sometime on my break at work i play ps4 using my mobile data, my office network is restricted, can u add proxy option(socks, http...etc) so i use ur app over office proxy?.

Guest Dorfdad

This update has been teased since around mid December and now it's March. I really dislike this kind of exposure. I bought the application with the mindset that since it said it was coming soon it would be soon not 3-6 months later. I get that your a single programmer and your doing this as a "side gig" and yes I only spent $10.00 and I am not going to cry about it, but I really expected a more professional release schedule. I understand you can't do it all at once, but you probably should be releasing it as modular. Get the core features down and than release extras stuff like controllers, Keyboards and others for specialized uses after the fact. 

That said I have no recourse but to wait and be patient which I am having a hard time doing. I honestly need the Hardware Encoding feature more than anything else since I stream and a dedicated capture card is out of my financial investments right now. 

34 minutes ago, Dorfdad said:

This update has been teased since around mid December and now it's March. I really dislike this kind of exposure. I bought the application with the mindset that since it said it was coming soon it would be soon not 3-6 months later. I get that your a single programmer and your doing this as a "side gig" and yes I only spent $10.00 and I am not going to cry about it, but I really expected a more professional release schedule. I understand you can't do it all at once, but you probably should be releasing it as modular. Get the core features down and than release extras stuff like controllers, Keyboards and others for specialized uses after the fact. 

That said I have no recourse but to wait and be patient which I am having a hard time doing. I honestly need the Hardware Encoding feature more than anything else since I stream and a dedicated capture card is out of my financial investments right now. 

Would be nice if there was at least a beta with the encoding. The app is useless with the input/video lag. I don't have this problem with the official playstation remote play. Just wanna use my elite controller lol. But for streaming, why don't you use the official remote play and OBS, Shadow Play or something similar?

well maybe the actual system of the software as it is now cannot be done with hw encoding, just a guess

also if that is the case he would have to make the rewrite with the new stuff.

and even though you want to stream and for some or another reason need hw encoding for that (my not so good laptop can run RPPC with software encoding fine, so you might just have a really weak PC) but as you said there are capture card and while they are expensive they exist and their output is also probably far better than remote play because it directly catches the HDMI stream, while the network stream from RPPC is 1) limited to 720 unless on PS4 pro and 2) compressed and looking really bad if there are getting in some issues with the network. in comparison you cant do keyboard and mouse for PS4 over Network (aside from very simple things because the official remote play reacts to the arrow key and enter and some other key to give basic navigation and cross/circle keys) and in my experience there are a lot of ppl asking in the forum or the chat on why the kb/mouse is so bad and whatnot in contrast to hw encoding.

just my personal opinion though.

Guest Omittchi

Hello, curious if you have considered adding support for PS3. Currently I use a moded PlayStation tv for PS3 remote play. Would love to consolidate it to pc and play everything on steam link throughout my home. Thanks for consideration.

when he wants testing he will ask in the chat or on twitter whether someone has time to test , so you dont need to tell that in advance. if you are there you can test and if not then he' will, if there arent any major bugs, release it in the next few hours or so.

1 hour ago, Omittchi said:

Hello, curious if you have considered adding support for PS3. Currently I use a moded PlayStation tv for PS3 remote play. Would love to consolidate it to pc and play everything on steam link throughout my home. Thanks for consideration.

Remote play for ps3 uses a totally different protocol, there is already an open source project on github.com for it.